The Tropicana Casino located in Atlantic City has just finished with its latest round of renovations, costing upwards of $40 million, just in time for the summer rush. With the renovations they completed in 2015, amounting to $50 million, they have currently spent $90 million renovating their entire operation. The amazing part is that they decided to invest the money in renovating areas that are not gambling related, but rather focused more on entertainment, the rooms, and even food, and it has been paying off quite well.
Areas Improved Giving New Life Back to Casino
There were several areas that were renovated that have already started to give Tropicana a bright outlook for the future, as more tourists and guests are flocking to them for their non-gambling amenities. Renovations included:
- Havana Guest Rooms. Renovated all 500 rooms, giving them new furnishings, wall coverings, carpeting, and even spa-like bathrooms with walk in showers.
- Ivan Kane’s Kiss Kiss a Go-Go. One of the most iconic nightclubs of the city has been renovated to match its reputation.
- High-Limit Slot Area. Tropicana has created a great area for those premium slot players, and it comes with a concierge, restrooms, and hundreds of slot games.
- Pacific Avenue Entrance. They have created a completely new entrance facing the Pacific Avenue, with many different amenities listed below.
- Luxe Salon. This full-service salon is located at the Pacific Avenue entrance offering their high-quality services to both women and men.
- Corner Market. A highly recognized eatery, where guests and tourists are able to grab a bite to eat.
- Five New Multimedia Light and Sound Shows. Tropicana has partnered with Moment Factory to bring their guests new shows.
- Trop Advantage Rewards Center. Casino players that earn points using the TROP Advantage Club will not have a great spot to go and claim their prizes and rewards.
Most of these areas are not gaming related and that is exactly what the Tropicana was aiming for. As Steve Calendar, general manager of the casino stated,
“Tropicana has never looked better! The refreshed spaces and new amenities offer our customers exciting upgrades, while still offering the same great value they have come to expect from Tropicana. Everywhere you look, there’s something new to discover. We believe the commitment to MORE fun, value and variety is what keeps guests coming back to Tropicana time and time again.”
Their investment seems to be paying off, as the Tropicana Atlantic City casino has been able to keep their heads above water during the hard times.